Getting finance is harder for some of us. Certain vulnerable groups fall through the cracks of the system and can’t get affordable finance.
- young people yet to build a credit file,
- people who mostly use cash to buy what they need
- the 9.6 million households in the UK with low incomes
There are identification barriers to getting finance, too, for
- 153,720 in the armed forces with more than one address
- 1 in 4 people who do not have a driving licence
- 5 million consumers who do not have a UK passport
Finance from Fair for You
You won’t be rejected based purely on your credit history, but by what kind of payer you are and whether you can afford the product. We may still consider you for credit, depending on your repayment history and personal circumstance.
For those of you who pay on-time, you’ll see your credit rating improve throughout your loan.
That’s why we’re called Fair for You
*Source: FCA Access to Financial Services in the UK, May 2016