Most of our customers have children that need something to do on an evening, and what with the Great British Bake Off still on TV, we thought we’d share some of our favourate things to bake with our kids.
#1 Pizza! Everyone loves Pizza.
All you’ll need:
- 250g flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 7g active dry yeast
- 160ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Any toppings you want on your pizza (tomato purees, cheese, pepperoni, ham etc)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add butter and lukewarm water.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes, then leave it for an hour to rise
- Roll them out, add the ingrediants and then pop them in the oven for 10 minutes
#2 Rice Crispy/ Cornflake Cakes
- 1 cup of cornflakes or ricecrispies
- 1 cup of chocolate, broken into chunks
- ½ cup of butter
- Put the butter & chocolate in a bowl, then put the bowl in a saucepan of boiling water to let it melt. Stir, but don’t let any water touch the chocolate!
- Stir the melted chocolate with the cereal
- Put in cupcake cases and leave in the fridge to set!
#3 Apple Crumble
- 3-4 cooking apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup butter
- Boil the peeled apples in water until mushy
- Mix flour, butter and sugar in a bowl with your hands to make breadcrumbs (kids love this bit)
- Put apples into oven proof dish, then the crumble, and bake in open for 30 minutes on gas mark 4 until brown and crumbly!
#4 Iced Fairy Cakes
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Mix everything dry in a bowl
- Add 2 eggs & vanilla extract
- Bake for 20 minutes on gas mark 4
BONUS: For icing mix 1 cup butter & 1 cup icing
#5 Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
Check out our special blog post on Microwave Mug Cakes – only takes 10 minutes to bake and you can have bake offs in the kitchen with the kids to see whose microwave mug cake turns out the best!
If you’re cooker is on it’s way out we have some great cookers & microwaves on finance to help you with these recipes. Click here to go shopping for cookers.
Our suppliers at Whirlpool offer a range of top quality branded Hotpoint & Indesit gas cookers, electric cookers, built-in or freestanding cookers, ovens, hobs and microwaves which you can get now and pay for later in weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments.
Choose from a great range of cookers on finance at prices and sizes that suit all pockets and families.
And don’t forget, the price you see is the price you pay, and it INCLUDES delivery, removal of old cooker and manufacturer’s 1 year parts and labour warranty. This means you can pay weekly for the cooker you want, and get it for the price you see, with NO HIDDEN FEES!
Click here to go shopping for cookers.